Angle Food Cake
Make sure every ingredient is at room temperture
1 1/4 cups cake flour
1 3/4 cups white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups egg whites ( about a dozen of large, but make sure you measure )
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 /2 teaspoon almond extract
1. Beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks, and then add cream of tartar, vanilla extract and almond extract
2. Sift together flour, sugar, and salt. repeat five times
3. Gently combine the egg whites with the dry ingredients, and then pour into an ungreased 10 inch tube pan ( DO NOT grease pan or flour it )
4. Place cake pan in a cold oven. Turn the oven on, set it to 325 degrees F. Bake for about one hour, or until cake is golden brown, it will pull away from the
sides of the pan
5. Invert cake , and allow it to cool in the pan, when througly cooled, remove from the pan.
This is a light cake, great dessert with fresh fruit.